Sunday, June 15, 2008

A poem that touched me today...

He's Always There
By Frances Matney Woodard
(1922 - 1991)
(slightly modified)

Today as I was sad and grieved
I knelt to pray
I knelt to pray
I asked for help to solve the cares of the day
The song had gone from my heart
The Lord heard my prayer
But only told me to wait
To wait - a difficult command
So I'm waiting - and waiting -
Sometimes it seems endless
I can only hold onto God's hand
But He promises there will come a time
When the waiting will be over
Until then, the Lord leads me and guides me
Slowly to the place He has arranged
And He tells me of the words
That He is love
That He is joy
And that during this season of waiting
He's always there when I need him

1 comment:

Rebecca Dawn said...

What a Beautiful Poem... Thanks for sharing it was just what I needed.